Martes, Setyembre 20, 2016

Bike Riding – Not The Motor Kind!

As you will have seen from the previous article about keeping fit, I cover cross training and weight lifting. The exercise I didnt cover is riding your bike.

turbo-trainerLike working out on the cross trainer, riding a bike is also a very good and effective low impact movement. It works your legs, abs and glutes. Unlike the cross trainer, however, it will not give you a full body workout; rather a lower body workout.

I actually love riding my bike, it keeps me in shape and its just a fun activity (although still doesnt beat my dirt bike in having fun!).

Riding my bike actually has done wonders for toning my legs. I try to ride at least a few times a week.

When its raining, its not ideal riding the bike, well not outdoors anyway. This is why I have bought myself one of the best turbo trainers on the market, by TacX.

A turbo trainer is a very cool device that your bike sits on to allow you to ride your bike stationary indoors. Your rear wheel is fixed onto the trainer, your front wheel is stabilised using a bracket.bike-trainer

Magnetic cycle trainers allow the user to get a great bike workout in the comfort of their own home. Whether its raining, snowing or just plain windy, now you have no excuse to ride you bike.

Sure you could buy an exercise bike for around the same amount of money as a decent trainer but the downside is, now you have two different specifications of the bike to workout on. The exercise bike is, of course, very different in terms of resistance, seating and handle bar position and the stride length when compared to your outdoor bike. So to keep things inline, a turbo trainer is your best option.

 

Read more about Bike Riding – Not The Motor Kind! on Dirty 40 Race.

Walang komento:

Mag-post ng isang Komento